Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm All About Humor

I love to laugh. I can take just about any situation in life and I can find humor. It's probably my best quality - among others......:)
However, as my kids reach the preteen, difficult years - I'm not laughing.

It's hard to be the single disciplinarian in a child's life. I look mean much of the time! I don't want to be mean, but the kids need boundaries and rules and all of that yucky stuff we hated when we were their ages.

They don't argue with the consequences. They know.

What I remind them (and myself) is that it is easier NOT to discipline. Their behavior makes my life HARDER. Because I LOVE them, I must intervene, correct and redirect - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

When I have the chance, I take a short nap so I can get up and do it all over again. (They usually wake me during this slumber with a silly question......)

SO I laugh cause it's all just so silly. Tomorrow I will be on the very same journey.

It's the ticked I signed for! I love them even though they make me very, very crazy!!!!!!!

No comments: