Friday, January 2, 2009

Reflecting on 08'

'Last year started on a bad note. I should have known.......

My trip home 12 months ago was wrought with an amazing lot of "stuff." ( Family stuff, money stuff, friend stuff!) Truly, I wanted the plane back home - fast!

This year I've lost many, found many and met many. I was accused of things that didn't occur,
( I don't defend myself well, but.......) I was in court again....(and no, I have no control over the outcome friends , he is as protected as am I) I wasn't sure who I was at times, I said so-long to dear friends and I met new friends. (My heart still holds a place for those that have moved on.) I always want to do the right thing and at times, I don't know what that is. Sometimes I did the wrong thing. Sometimes dear friends couldn't deal with the right thing - they couldn't deal with the truth. I was there once too and sometimes I awake in the middle of the night and question where I am.

I have to do what is right for me and my family - regardless of popular opinion. AND we are in a great place! I am not out to impress anyone and that realization was the liberation.

I have had the most beautiful New Year!

My kids did a concert on the driveway and the neighbors (Bless their hearts), pulled out the lawn chairs and supported the cause!

I have reconnected with so many people, I am speechless.

I have the BEST neighborhood a single mom could ever hope for! (The kids play from morning til' nite!)

I have no complaints!

I wish you all a most wonderful New Year and to those that have moved on, I miss you and will always hold you dear in my heart. I wish you the same. No heart feelings. No regrets.
I will always be here for you if you need me.

No comments: