Sunday, August 31, 2008

All Moved In....Again........

I had an epiphany tonight.....
Perhaps I've had it before, but tonight was different.

Since 2002, I have moved FIVE times.....FIVE!!!!!! For a girl that lived in the same house for 36 years of her life, that in itself, is mind boggling!!! (and the first of those moves was to a wonderful home that lasted three years!)

What I realized tonight is that four of those moves were done SOLO and the first was done before the birth of the fourth child. In other words, my ex has never moved himself with all four children, but we together, have been transient. No wonder I'm tired!!!!! (and, admittedly, a bit resentful after this weekend!)

As we unpacked, put away, cleaned up and worked together to make our house a HOME, it struck me how much we have been through and how well we have succeeded together. My boy was two - and now he's a full time student.....my OLDEST was eight and now a tween!

I was born into the same house that received three of my four children. THIS house is THEIRS.......

Welcome home, kids!!!!

No comments: