Monday, October 27, 2008

Day's End

Victims of the system, we wait and wait and wait once again - for the tax refund, the money's owed, the support checks - dollar to dollar we make our way We gave up cable, the swim club, I work two jobs and we stick close to home - painting our walls, reading, studying and enjoying the playground just down the street. Thanks to dear loved ones, our electricity was not turned off today.

Seriously, minus financial woes, I am happy. I LOVE my job and the parents and kids let me know daily that I DO make a difference. I have aged - I sit back passively now and understand the hysterical parent that I once took to heart - the parent I probably once was.

I am making wonderful lasting friends - not the kind that need to rehash every aspect of every situation - friends who chip in whether financially, physically or emotionally without being asked, friends who, like me, understand a struggle and celebrate a win - who get where I have been and appreciate the times I just need to SING!

I deal with little traffic!!!! Bonus + however, the ongoing construction is messing with my zen.

A parent tonight said, "I am just so grateful that you came into my boys life. I am thankful for you every day!"

My response: "I am grateful to work with your boys and grateful to have them with me."

SO.......while I hit the end of my rope today, the day ended on a positive note with hope and love and an invitation to dinner which is, quite honestly, the very beginning of the next phase of my life.

Geez....I hope (know) they are paying!

No comments: