Sunday, October 12, 2008

Eye Opener

I've come to a tremendous realization about myself and that is, I did everything to make everyone else happy regardless of how I felt inside. My 40's have brought a new awakening - perhaps a midlife crises of sorts. If it doesn't look like me, I don't wear it, if it doesn't feel right, I don't do it and if I don't want to, I don't have to. This may seem simple to most of you.....but for me, I juggled a peacemaking roll and took a hell of a lot of judgment to heart - I was redressed, remade, reworked and tried for years to fit a square peg into a round hole to keep everyone happy. Ya know what.....no one worked half as hard for me and I am so happy to be me - in MY home, MY clothes and hanging with MY kids and friends in a place that doesn't feel strange anymore.

No comments: