Sunday, September 7, 2008

Brute Strength or Adreneline Overload:)

Just after we moved into our home, my five year old did what five years olds do.....within minutes, the master bathtub overflowed (in the 20 seconds I went downstairs to pull a boiling pot off the stove) and we had a proverbial rainstorm in our family room. Of course, water takes the path of least resistance so, through the prewired surround sound outlets and atop our television it poured. The internal components were immediately fried. BUMMER! For weeks now, we have had no family movie nights and shortly following this, the kids "accidently" knocked the loft television off line as well which left us with a twenty-inch screen in the master bedroom for all of our visual entertainment needs.

I inquired about the cost of repair and was sadly informed that the cost of fixing our well outdated big screen would be more than the cost of purchasing a new, low end model. Now, I don't have the funds to do either and after a depressing trek through Best Buy yesterday, I was resigned to the fact that we and our twenty inch screen would just have to make do for awhile. Not the worst thing in the world, but not the best either.

Enter Super Mom. After much internet research and a few failed attempts, I succeeded in rewiring our loft t.v!!!! Filled with a newfound enthusiam, I decided that this t.v. would make it's way to our family room and we would reclaim Friday night at the movies. SINGLE HANDEDLY, I moved the huge, HEAVY, broken set out of the way and carried the other set down, rewired again (now I'm an expert) and we are up and running - FOR FREE!!!!

Admittedly, I'm a bit proud of myself!!!! (and I'm a hero to my kids as well - an added little perk that I'll hold onto for the next bad day!)

No comments: