Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What it Means to Move Ahead....

There are many people I know, who saw me at my worst. I was a complete mess...admittedly so! Oh, the sadness, the resentfulness, the loss and the fear! Enough said. Those were bad times. I can hardly remember them now - I simply motored through, did what I had to do to get to the next day - made it work.

Some are able to forget those times - to others they define my family and I. It's sad to think that a few weak years redefine a lifetime, but they do. I accept that. I know I have also been guilty of the same!

The bottom line is that, in order to move on, sometimes you have to kiss a loving good-bye to those that hold you in the past. It's a sad time. It should be done with grace, but it rarely is. I've done it AND I've felt it.

In reality, relationships go through seasons. I've had some of the best and continue to cherish those near and dear. I have also had my eyes opened to those that were toxic - damaging to the big picture of life - those people that were really, on the "opposing team," who loved to 'kick me when I was down' just to pick me up. After awhile, it was expected - it got old - my ears got tired. That's a painful, but illuminating lesson.

From those lessons, I have felt empowered - stronger - better able to handle the trials of life and my focus has been regrounded.

We're glad to be where we are now! So glad life moves forward rather than in reverse!

No comments: